Frequently Asked Questions
Materials: Carefully selected quality lumber
Box Construction: Solid wood frames and bracing, dowel and cam lock assembly using 3/4" furniture grade plywood side panels with veneer skins.
Wood Top Construction: Solid laminated tops with veneer skins.
Drawer Box: English dovetail, 1/2 solid sides with ball bearing glides
Finish: Multi-step furniture grade finish
Characteristics: All wood naturally ages, darkens, changes color and mellows over time primarily due to exposure to light. While this color change is imperceptible from day to day it may be significant over a longer period of time, or due to amount of light the wood is exposed to.
On warranty replacement doors or drawers, we will not guarantee an exact color match. Also, imperfections such as checks (small surface splits), pitch pockets (small dark holes) or darker mineral streaks are natural and are not considered defects.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Are your vanities / wood tops waterproof?
They are water resistant, not waterproof. They should be treated like any other piece of furniture in your home. Standing water is harmful to the finish must be wiped o as soon as possible.
2. Can I get it in a different finish or size?
Our pieces are designed in the most popular sizes and finishes. We do not accept orders for special sizes or finishes.
3. Do you have a selection of hardware choices?
No. We do provide hardware in standard configurations. Most customers who wish to change them may use their own or from another source.
CARE & MAINTENANCE:
- Dust your furniture with soft cloth and occasionally use a commercial wood cleaner that is not silicone based.
- Do not place in direct sunlight or exposure to open windows.
- Avoid extreme changes in temperature, keep away from direct sources such as heaters and air conditioners.
- Never allow liquids of any kind to remain on furniture surface.
- Absorption causes wood to warp and finish to peel and delaminate.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
Your RONBOW Ceramic sink is manufactured to the highest possible standards. To maintain its good looks, RONBOW suggests you follow these guidelines.
Most deposits can be removed with Non-Abrasive soap and hot water followed by a clean water rinse. It is also good practice to then dry the sink with a soft cloth as otherwise lime scale can build up on the surface.
The quality of your water can aect the looks of your sink by giving the appearance of staining. This “staining” is generally a build up of lime scale or similar mineral deposit, particularly prevalent in hard water areas. Lime scale readily absorbs staining agents such as tea, coee, red wine, etc., spoiling the appearance of your sink. For this reason always rinse and dry your sink after each occasion you use it to avoid mineral deposits being left behind on the surface when the water evaporates.
To remove any lime scale that has built up on your sink, try using a proprietary lime scale removing product such as CLR® or Limelite®.
Alternatively, soak in a solution of one part vinegar to three parts water. This will loosen the scale, making it possible to scrub it away with an non-abrasive pad and Ceramic sink cleaner.
Specific Problem Areas and Recommended Treatments: Always spot test a cleaning product before using.
- Oil, grease and fingerprints These are generally removed with Non-detergent soap and hot water but a solvent may be required (eg. White spirit or Methylated spirits). Care must be taken to use the proper safety precautions if using solvents.
- Tea stains or vegetable juices Likely to be stains that are clinging to mineral deposits, such as lime scale, lying on the surface of the sink. See reference to mineral deposits, below.
- Mineral deposits and scaling Generally caused by build up of lime scale, remove by soaking in a solution of vinegar (3 parts hot water to one part vinegar), then scrubbing the deposit away. Alternatively use a proprietary brand such as “CLR®”.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
Please use a damp, soft cloth with warm water and soap to clean your TechStone™ vanity top. If needed, apply common, non-abrasive, household cleaners. However, we recommend using cleaning products between pH 5-8, as products outside this range may damage the surface.
Please DO NOT use any cleaning products that contain any of the following chemicals: trichloroethane or methylene chloride (such as paint removers or strippers), hydroﬂuoric acid, liquid bluing or gentian violet. In addition, when cleaning your Techstone™ vanity top, DO NOT use abrasives, product with alkaline levels with pH greater than 8 or aggressive cleaning compounds like oven or grill cleaners.
SOLID SURFACE PRODUCTS
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
Clean regularly with Soft Scrub or a mild detergent such as those used for hand dishwashing. For stubborn stains and minor scratches, apply a mild abrasives cleanser such as Bon-ami, Comet or Soft Scrub on the area and buff in a circular motion with a green Scotch-Brite pad. Buff over the entire sink to blend the finish and then rinse.